Dr. Zhen Ling
Office: 366, Computer Building, Jiulonghu Campus
Dr. Zhen Ling is an assistant professor in the School of Computer Science and Engineering at Southeast University. He finished his PhD in computer science at the Southeast University, China under the supervision of Prof. Junzhou Luo in 2014. He was a research associate in the Department of Computer Science from Aug. 2008 to Nov. 2009 at the City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, honored to be working with Prof. Xinwen Fu and Prof. Weijia Jia. After that, he joined Department of Computer Science as a visiting PhD research student from Aug. 2011 to Aug. 2013 at the University of Victoria, B.C., Canada, where he worked with Prof. Xinwen Fu and Prof. Kui Wu.
Dr. Ling won China Computer Federation (CCF) Doctoral Dissertation Award in 2015, ACM China Doctoral Dissertation Award and ACM Nanjing Chapter Excellent PhD Award in 2014. He involved in various national, provincial and ministry level research projects and has been publishing papers in conferences such as ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), journals such as IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN), IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC), IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS), and IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC). His research work was also presented in Black Hat.
Internet of Things, Smartphones, Network Security and Privacy
- Dr. Zhen Ling was invited to serve on Program Co-chair of Mobile Security Track, CSS 2017, February, 2017. NEW!
- Our team, Phoenix Decoder (凤凰解码), won award of excellence at GeekPwn, October, 2016. [Demo Video: This Smart Plug can "twitter" by itself] [Media Impact: Sina, GeekPwn, etc.] NEW!
- Dr. Zhen Ling was invited to serve on ACM SIGCOMM China and ACM SIGSAC China TPC, May, 2016.
- Dr. Zhen Ling was invited to serve on IEEE INFOCOM 2017 Advisory TPC, April, 2016.
- Dr. Zhen Ling won China Computer Federation (CCF) Doctoral Dissertation Award (10 recipients in China), January, 2016.
- Our paper "Secure Fingertip Mouse for Mobile Devices" has been accepted by IEEE INFOCOM 2016, November, 2015. [Demo Video]
- Dr. Zhen Ling was invited to give a talk at CNCC 2015, October, 2015.
- Our paper "TorWard: Discovery, Blocking, and Traceback of Malicious Traffic over Tor" has been accepted by IEEE TIFS, July, 2015.
- Dr. Zhen Ling was invited to give a talk at WhiteHat 2015, July, 2015.
- Dr. Zhen Ling was invited to serve on IEEE INFOCOM 2016 Advisory TPC, May, 2015.
- Our paper "Password Extraction via Reconstructed Wireless Mouse Trajectory" has been accepted by IEEE TDSC, March, 2015.
- Dr. Zhen Ling won ACM China Doctoral Dissertation Award (2 recipients in China), October, 2014.
- Our work "Every mobile device sees your password!" (周围的移动设备看到你的密码啦!) was presented in ISC 2014.
- Our Privacy Enhanced Keyboard (PEK) was published in Google Play, 2014.
- Dr. Zhen Ling won ACM Nanjing Chapter Excellent PhD Award, 2014.
- Our paper "Blind Recognition of Touched Keys on Mobile Devices" has been accepted by ACM CCS 2014.
Member of Technical Program Committee for
- IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), 2016, 2017
- International Performance Computing and Communications Conference (IPCCC), 2016
- International Conference on Wireless Algorithms, Systems, and Applications (WASA), 2016, 2017
- International Conference on Algorithms and Architectures for Parallel Processing (ICA3PP), 2015, 2016, 2017
- The ACM Turing 50th Celebration Conference - China (ACM TURC), 2017
- The annual International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems (DCOSS), 2016
- International Conference on Computer Communication and Networks (ICCCN), 2015
- IEEE International Conference on High Performance and Communications (HPCC), 2015, 2016
- International Workshop on Security and Privacy in Big Data (BigSecurity), 2014, 2015, 2016
- International Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference (ITNAC), 2014, 2015, 2016
- IEEE International Conference on Big Data Computing Service and Applications (BigDataService), 2015, 2016, 2017
- International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications (ICNC), 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- International Workshop on Information Security Application (WISA), 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- IEEE/CIC International Conference on Communications in China (ICCC), 2015
- ACM MobiHoc Workshop on Privacy-Aware Mobile Computing (PAMCO), 2015
- International Conference on Communications and Networking in China (ChinaCom), 2014
- IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC), 2013
Reviewer for Journal Manuscript Submissions
- IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC)
- IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS)
- IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC)
- IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS)
- IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC)
- IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications (TWC)
- ACM Computing Surveys
- Computer Networks (COMNET)
- IEEE Internet of Things Journal
- Journal of Network and Computer Applications (JNCA)
- Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS)
- IET Information Security
- Security and Communication Networks (SCN)
- Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications (PPNA)
- IEEE Wireless Communications Letters (WCL)
- IEEE Network Magazine
- Journal of Information Security and Applications (JISA)
- International Journal of Security and Networks (IJSN)
- International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks (IJDSN)
- IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems
- Frontiers of Computer Science
Reviewer for Conference Manuscript Submissions
- ACM CCS (2016)
- ACM CODASPY (2017)
- IEEE INFOCOM (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- IEEE CNS (2012, 2016)
- IEEE VTC (2016 Fall)
- IEEE ICC (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- PETS (2013)
- IEEE GlobeCom (2011, 2012, 2014)
- IEEE SecureComm (2011)
- IEEE ICDCS-SPCC (2012)
- DFRWS (2012)
- IEEE CCNC (2014)